Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Laura gives her life to Christ!


This was a wonderful day for me. Laura, my language teacher prayed to accept Christ. March 07, 2007! This picture is of our very best friend here in Galati, Lorensu (Roland) and his wife Laura. I took this picture nearly two years ago when we tried to have a Bible Study in their house. After this Roland became more and more interested in Christ. One day when I was trying to lead his cousin to Christ using Roland as a translator, Roland came to Christ instead! He then started reading his Bible and even helping me hand out Bibles. He started helping us no matter what we needed he was there. The first year here was very difficult for us and without God sending Roland into our lives we would not have made it. He is the one that fixes computers and anything else that we needed!

Well, today he translated again, only today with his wife, Laura, as she prayed to accept God’s forgiveness through Christ. She asked many questions and finally decided that it was better to go straight to Jesus for salvation instead of through her priest. She had noticed that Lorensu started reading his Bible and that was a big difference from before. Yesterday, during my lesson, she was helping me to say correctly, for the second day, the seven verses we use on the street to witness to people. I could see that she sort of "shut down" spiritually. Today she admitted that she was a sinner and very guilty before a righteous God, she even agreed that her spiritual father was Satan after reading 1 John 3:4-10. She amazed me because she really understood and wanted to “get saved” today! Praise the Lord. Pray for her and Roland as they now have a great challenge ahead of them in learning how to follow Jesus. Now I can't wait for my language lessons, each day...........amen!