Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A faithful wife!

Please be in prayer for the two ladies that live in this apartment. A mother and her daughter (whose name I do know)..Cecilia. They could really use some prayer cover. They are both believers. The daughter goes to Holy Trinity when she can. Normally she takes care of her 68 year old mother who is very, very ill. (You couldn’t tell it by looking at her though.) Last week her father, the husband of this woman that is ill, literally dropped dead in the street. He had a heart attack or something of the sort. The man had a very bad temper and was extremely abusive for the entire 50 year marriage. He was also abusive to the daughter and she is already disabled with a sight problem. They also lost a son in 1973 that was handicapped from birth, probably due to the abuse the mother took while pregnant with him.

I asked the mother, “How did you know that God loved you through all that?” she replied, I didn’t! I then asked her, “Do you know that He loves you now?” she said, “Yes!” and I then asked her, “How do you know this?” “Because of my Salvation!”, was her heartfelt response folding her hands over her heart…. A lady from the church had led her to saving faith only two years ago. I told her God was pleased with her even though it would have been easier for her to leave her husband, that she stayed and took all that abuse like a slave…….. “She said that is what my husband would always say….. I don’t think God was happy with me at all, I wanted to divorce him.” We then read to her from 1 Peter chapter 2 and the first part of 3. This brought her to tears.

I pray that God will use us to bring some hope and love into this home. Pray that some of the people in my leaders training will begin to do some studies with them. Robert and I prayer walk this area every morning and it was with great pleasure to take a Christian audio cassette to them and some bread and juice this morning. Pray that God will continue to strengthen these two dear believers. The mother is scheduled to go into the hospital for another checkup tomorrow.

It is interesting that her husband who had just started going to a 7th day Adventist church one week before his death seemed to have a MAJOR life change. They noticed it in the apartment….. for the short seven days. I am thinking of the thief on the cross! Paul in First Corinthians 7: 16 says to the believing wife… “You wives must remember that your husbands might be converted because of you….you must accept what ever situation the Lord has put you in….”