Friday, March 9, 2007

Dr. Bob Laatsch's help


Another way that an American team was helpful was how God used Bob Laatsch, a Doctor from Living Word Baptist Church. Here is Lorensu (Roland) with his aunt and his cousin, Verile. They are almost as close as brothers. About one month before we came to Galati, their family suffered a terrible loss. Roland’s uncle and niece were in a terrible car accident, it took their lives. He was very close to this family and it literally devastated them. After my computer hard-drive shutdown this led me to Romlotos al HP repair business located one block from our new house. I needed Lorensu’s help and he wanted my “physical help” at the time. After witnessing to him he told me about his cousin Verile who had started binge drinking, after the loss of his father and sister, to the extent of going into a coma. He asked me if I could find a Dr. that would send some medicine to help his cousin stop drinking. Dr. Bob Laatsch came to the rescue in a big way. (Now, what was different about this was the family, Veril’s family, paid for all the medicine. This is not normal for missions abroad. ) After only six months, Veril stopped drinking as much, not cold turkey, but did go back to work. The family in Tulcia is certain that it was the help of Dr. Bob that brought their son, “back to life,” we know that is was with the help of the “Son that did come back to life” that used Dr. Bob’s heart to serve. It was when I was trying to lead Veril to Christ and explain repentance, using Roland as a translator, that Roland came to Christ! Another amazing story how God used my computer crashing for the fourth time on the field, to lead me to a computer technician, that led to hearing about this families tragedy, that led to a restored life and a changed life. Praise the Lord for His guidance and mercy!