Friday, November 16, 2007

She is the best....

Voted Most Godly SBC Wife

I want to be the first to congratulate my wife for winning this very prestigious award. There are 18,000,000 Southern Baptist Members (of which 3,000,000 the FBI, CIA, and the beloved Jack Bauer of the Counter Terrorist Unit, ect. couldn't find). So you can imagine that being voted the most godly SBC wife is quite an honor. (She was up against some pretty steep competition...I am thinking about those SBC woman that are setting some extremely high standards and speak at those conferences and write all those books!)I am so proud of my wife for the 21 years that we have been together but I had no idea that she would be given such an honor.

Wow! I am married to the most faithful, God fearing, proverbs 31 woman within the Southern Baptist circles. Now, of course I know that her children love her, and I know that she has put up with me for all these years but I had no idea that so many people would turn out to vote. This is Thanksgiving week in America and I am so thankful to God for this beautiful red headed, southern girl, my bride of 21 years. She has really been there for me to lean on over the years. I am thankful that so many others.... also see her radiant beauty!

So I thought it appropriate for me to enter her in this "convention wide" proverbs 31 competition. You know how the SBC like to compete and give out awards especially for the ones that are most humble! I was really taken back when we learned that Karla, my dear wife won this award. She is so quiet and submissive that she would never utter a word about this great achievement. But I am the boastful one in the family so I just had to let you all know. My wife is the best!

I am so fortunate to be the husband of this wonderful peaceful daughter of God, I'm am sure she would mention many names of those that helped her on this journey to Sainthood but no one more then Jesus Christ who redeemed her and her wonderful Mother...Dorthy Gunter!

So consider this her thanks to them as she will probably not say a word and just keep on serving us sacrificially and taking care of the daily chores around the house...those that never end.

She reminds me of that which our Lord spoke: " When a servant comes in from plowing or taking care of the sheep, SHE doesn't just sit down and eat. SHE must first prepare her master's meal and serve him his supper (and boy are they good), before eating HER own. And the servant is not even thanked, because SHE is merely doing what She is supposed to do (raise up children and take care of the house hold duties). In the same way, when you obey me you should say, "We are not worthy of praise. We are servants who have simply done our duty."

On this basis and criteria I believe she collected the greatest amount of votes.

Proverbs 18:22 The man who finds a wife finds a treasure and receives favor from the LORD.


If you would like to write her and let her know how proud of her you are then be my guest... her email is karged@gmail.com now she is completely unaware of this competition as you also were! But I thought it be a nice surprise to "make up this little contest" and reward her myself. After all it was only my VOTE that won the day!