Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Two Birthdays in our house

Here Andrew and Robert receive their presents. Knights in Shining Armor. Roberts name means the "shining"one and Andrew is now past the terrible thirteens. He, as his older two brothers, don't believe in the theory that says, boys will be boys and beginning their rebellion at age 13. Matthew never gave us any problems and Robert hasn't so we don't expect any from Drewmangeddes. We have three "teens" that believe it is best to follow God and obey their partents and not follow the pattern of rebellion the world promotes. We are very proud of these two young men. Happy Birthdays sons! (Andrew 14 and Robert 18)
The boys are starting to see the wisdom in my choosing this Southern girl to be my bride. Well, actually they have be the beneficiary of a great choice I made 21 years ago. She is sure proud of these two young men. She has been praying that God will use her children for His glory for a long time and I believe God has been gracious to answer her prayers. My prayers bounce of the ceiling so I can't take actual credit for this. Last week one about took me out .....as it rebounded of the book shelf and hit me right in the back of the head. Well, actually that was Karla's hand....
but God has used her in the past....and probably will continue to do so as necessary!
This is the SBC most godly woman 2007. Just a humble, servant of our Lord. For those of you that didn't read all the way to the bottom of the last post....it was a contest that I just made up...(steve P.) But I can tell you it won me many points in the "husbands love your wives" category.



This is what I meant about the wise choice I made in marrying a Southern Girl. For their birthdays we had biscuits one day, french toast on the next. Robert's birthday was Nov 27th and Andrew's was Nov 28th. We also had home made chocolate chip cookies to devour. We are treated like three kings over here near the orient!



Yah, that is what I am talking about!


Robert with his new blades will be learning how to play hockey or something on those things. A gift from his little sister.


Hey! What am I? Just a dog give me some of those cookie crumbs ....have you never read...Mark 7:28! Mani is learning how manipulate the Scripture like many of us......

Snack, says as long as she is the "center of attention" its alright to put up all the lights.....just don't talk about THE LIGHT as that makes some of the liberals really nervous as hearing that God loves us and sent His Son to die for us is SOOOOOO offensive to those on their way to the other place...sort of like the song "put another log on the fire". Well, I hope and pray that you are living under the Grace of God and not just holding off his Wrath for another Christmas season refusing to repent and heaping up judgment on yourself!




Now here is a beautiful young lady. She is intelligent, and loves Jesus. She is having troubles with gettting the dishes done but nobody is perfect! Katie is the only one that I can rely on if I was to go out and try to climb a snow covered mountian. You ask what about those big strong bothers of hers..... Trust me! I ask the same question my self! My knights in shining armor are a little soft but we are working on this....


Hey it is almost Christmas and we have our tree....look though it is empty underneath of there..

Here is Mani resisting temptation about the same way we do at Christmas time....do I want to buy that or not?.....let me just look at it for awhile....OK.....just a little longer. I'm reaching for my credit card.....but I am not going to buy it....I just want to make sure I didn't leave the card at the last place.....Oh there you are....quick while no one is looking.....Oh I feel so much better now my cousin's nieghbor's sister's step mother's grandmother's nephew is taken care of. I only have nine hundred, sixty five more presents to buy. STOP THE MADDNESS!!!!


Well, sorry Santa I just pretend to love you this time of season. I really love Jesus Christ, but I guess enough people that really love you, only pretend to love Jesus! That it makes up for my total lack of interest in your materialistic ways.
Oh! By the way as Christmas is fast approaching you need to get me those presents...ASAP. I (santa) must get your presents around the 15th or so no later then the 21st so that I can have my elves will sort them out and verify that they all work. We guarntee that all gifts sent to (santa) will be .....well ..... played with, used and apprecited before we put them back in the sacks and sent to the little children out there. In this ADD season....(absent of Deity Displays) please be a faithful one to explain to our deceived brothers and sisters on this rebellious planet that spending tens of thousands of dollars on stuff is NOT what God had in mind when He sent His Son into the world.....thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS.


Remember the Christmas season is a time of fellowship and love reflecting God's great love for us, His creation! Some christians are like "snow tires"....only good for one season!