Sunday, September 16, 2007

Spiritual Warfare


Well this was last week, this week it seems that things have taken a turn in a completely different direction. I covet your prayers as I believe God is redirecting the ministry here in Galati. We had such a great week with the team from CCSBA. This week though we have had a counter attack!
Bogdon and I both agreed (for different reasons) it would be better for him to get a job that was not so dependant on me. He is now working at a construction company and will have very little time for the work in the valley. This is a very good step for him as an individual and will make him depend on the Lord even more.
I also lost Cornell this week as his father hates Christians and has demanded that he stops coming to our meetings. So I have told him that it would be better to try and reconcile with his father using the last verse in the Old testament as guidance. We tend to use Matthew 10:34-39 in ways that justifies rebellion.
So I now have Mihai my Zone 9 leader left who starts school in a week and will have very little time to work with me. What is amazing is that I feel the presence of the Lord in all this and believe He is trying to show me the next step I need to take. I pray that I will be sensitive to His instruction and that we can continue with a slightly different angle of attack.
When flying a small engine airplane the pilot must pay attention to the angle-of-attack which is the difference between the direction or forward momentum of the airplane and the climb angle of the wing. If the angle-of-attack increases beyond the ability (power) of the aircraft to climb the plane will suddenly slowdown and stall. If one wing dips below the other the plane can go into a grave yard spiral, something every pilot dreads and avoids it like the plague!
So all of you that have been here know that God has led us so far and He will continue to do so but you can imagine loosing Bogdon and Cornell in the same week will not be easy to recover from. I did have a great meeting with Pastor Ovie this week though and discovered something that might be useful in the future. Pray for wisdom in this.....