Saturday, April 28, 2007

Living Word Baptist Team Arrives

On my way to pick up the team I was one of the first to arrive after a head on collision between an SUV and a Dacia. This man was very fortunate to be alive. This is why we pray for travel mercies over here and why you need to be in prayer for these teams that come over. I am always reminded how important it is to share our faith over here as every week the Lord seems to bring something into my life that reminds me that life is frail.


Roger, Dr. Bob and Pastor David all rode the train. They left from the airport and rode the train. It took them under three hours on the train. They landed today at 12:15 and arrived at the train station here in Galati at 7:05. Total cost was 25 dollars for the cab ride to the station in Bucharest and 20 dollars each for the train ticket.



Mark, Ruth, Karen and Kim all rode with me in the van. We left at 13:20 and arrived here in Galati at 6:00 P.M.



Mark's fist time on a mission trip!


Ruth is only 74 or so.....she is the young one of the bunch. Doctor Bob is in his 70's too..I think! They are true veterans as they have been coming to Europe several years now.





Kim's first time to Europe !





They were very well behaved today after being awake so long. WEll, everyone except for Karen!



Pray for this man and his family tonight that he might see the hand of the Lord in sparing his life. I was able to pray with him and get him some water. It was about 20 mintues until the ambulance showed up. For me the day started at 6:00 AM and will be over in about three minutes....10:30. OH! It is Karla's Birthday, my beautiful wife turned 42 today! We will celebrate her birthday this week. Well, all those at Living Word would be proud of this team. Pray for Pastor as he preaches tomorrow night.