Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Member of Group in Zone 13 dies

We lost a member of our group in Zone 13 last night. Her name is Paună the one with glasses on in this picture. Her sister Luminiţa, (the lady who works for the mayors office) is the one that we have been praying for as she is extremely sick also. They have the same type of medical problems. Any way Pauna was not at the Bible Study we did last Thursday finishing the second book, lesson 12. She was in the hospital at Bucharest, very sick. We heard today that she didn't make it through the night. I am so thankful that we had so many opportunities to present the truth to her. She heard over and over that the only way to heaven was through repentance and faith in Christ.

Today when talking with Luminita her sister, we were amazed at what she said. "Oh, I believe my sister put her faith in Jesus! She came to every Bible Study we had in my apartment , except the last one....She was very smart and I know that she was answering all the questions correct. I can't wait until you come to our house this Thursday because everything, absolute everything is about JESUS!"

This is so amazing for us as we thought that all these lessons were for Luminita but for now the Lord has shown His mercy by allowing us to present the Gospel to her sister well over 40 or 50 times over the duration of these 12 lessons. I am certain that this Lady, as well of the rest of the group were just counting on their good deeds before they understood truth that came out of studing the "People Who Knew Jesus" lessons from the Gospel of John.

Please pray that the Lord will prepare the hearts of those that have to go through the difficulty of a funeral tomorrow. She was raising her two little nephews so please pray for them also.

I believe that the word got out that I needed prayer because I am certain that the "state of my faith" as increased back to where it was two years ago. It is really a miracle as I was in a pretty deep state of depression and discouragement just a week ago. Thanks for all your prayers! I have some good things to share with you but I prefer to do that in another post.