Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Luminita Invites Us Over ...

This group of people just showed up out of no where to one our Bible studies in the valley at Gina's house. We had a great time as we had 10 americans, 10 people from the local baptist church and 10 people from the valley. This is where I found out about Luminita. This lady has some terminal disease that can not be cured in Europe. A doctor from America has said he can help. We are praying that we can get her to the states and get her a transplant or something of the sort. I am not involved in this at all other then prayer support and watching God work through it. I want to be ready when the time comes to do more if I can. Well, she invited us up to their apartment last Sunday.
She has started a foundation for the gypsies and the poor here in the city. She has a real heart for the poor and has helped many people in the city and surrounding villages. She works at the mayor's office and has many great connections. She asked Christina if we would come over and do Bible studies with her and her friends. There were around ten to twelve people there. It was incredible. This is exactly why I came over here with my family. This was a great night for me. They want to continue the studies at their apartment over in Zone 13. I don't have a leader there but it is the next place we were going to move our team to. We are very excited about this group. They are all Orthodox believers but are very friendly to us.


There were about four men and eight woman there. We had a great first lesson in the book of John, "People who knew Jesus." They want to do more....I told them I could keep them busy for three to four years. They then told us that they work in over 15 villages and want us to see their work. They said it would be great for us to do Bible Studies in those villages. I was so amazed. I have discovered that if we concentrate on the people here in the city......they all have a village. So any way praise the Lord for such a great opportunity. I am so thankful for this group.
Pray that we will be faithful to present the true Gospel to these Orthodox believers and that God will grant them repentance.....