Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Joe begins to follow Christ

This is Robert's friend Joe, (Johanas) somehow they met over the internet about three years ago I think. Robert began witnessing to him...and just chatting with him nearly every week if not day. They became extremely good friends although Joe was sticking to his story about what he believes. He is Catholic and that was enough. Well, when we went to Prague this past February for training Joe was able to train down and meet us. This was a very special time for Robert and Joe. He is a great young man. Very responsible and friendly. Well, he could only stay one day and I also had the chance to witness to him while we waited on the train. I had a little gospel presentation on the back of the international church bulletin. He read that all the way home and began thinking about being saved. He continued to write Robert and Robert handed him over to me via e-mail. "Dad Joe wants to be saved". So I started down the SJWF passages and only sent him one passage. Explain this to me.."For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". He wrote back with the answer and then said..."How long does this take to be saved!" "I am a desk clerk and I may fall asleep and hit my head and die." I don't want to tell God I was going to get saved..... So any way the next night I spent one hour with him on the phone....he didn't pray a prayer he just confirmed in His own heart that he DID believe. Now he is writing Robert saying my heart is different...I am reading my Bible and I really do feel different! Praise the Lord for Roberts persistence in winning his friend to the Lord. Now he has a true friend IN CHRIST...in Germany. It is interesting because Joe's name in German is Johanas...(sp) the same as the last book of the Bible-Revelation! He had read that book and knew that he needed to be saved...just didn't know how!



Pray for Joe as he begins His new walk with Jesus.....! Joe is a great young man I am glad to have met him and pray that the Lord will really bless his walk...