Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pastor Jay's Apartment

Pastor Jay Raines of First Baptist Cameron Missouri is trying something new. He wants to bring his family on an extended mission trip staying two weeks. He will lead two of his teams and then a third one will follow shortly there after led by Landon.

We have decided that it is far more economical to just rent an apartment while he is here. It will be much cheaper! He will be here just over two weeks. I was so very fortunate today as I stumbled onto a great find. I know that 666 is not the best number to have and the drawing on the wall is a little weird but it has a great view. It looks over Zone 9 and is on the tenth floor. I am certain the the roof can be fixed and the walls repaired before he gets here. Jay has really put a lot of trust in us to find an apartment for him. We appreciate this and really don't feel like it is diserved.



The Apartment number is easy to remember!
We are Christians so this shouldn't really be a problem for Jay. We know that we are currently in the 1000 year reign of Christ and that the Devil is bound ....right Jay? (I was actually just joking about being in the Millennium.)
This really can be repaired. Jay, trust me you need this trial if you want to be a missionary, You will need to be able to put up with these kind of conditions. I will try to have the wall put in place before you get here. There is plenty of room for your two children. The owner said that that the heater works in the summer but not so good in the winter. It is a good thing the Bible tells wives to be submissive to their husbands. I don't think Michele would really put up with this without you laying down the law and letting her know how important it is to suffer for our Lord.

They really came down on the price and said that they would have Internet service ready for You when you get here. I love working in this post communistic culture! I find it amazing that they actaully had a yard up on the roof overlooking the city!

It does have an indoor bathroom and really the color is quite attractive. This is what just reached out and grabbed me. So I am so thankful for this find. It was the very first apartment that we looked at. Well, pray that Jay and his family are spiritually mature enough to live here.... I mean if they really LOVE JESUS like they say they do..... I am sure that they will just love this apartment!
From the Apartment looking over Zone 9.
Looking over towards the tower!

























McDonalds is just to the left of this picture, only a five minute walk from his apartment. This is Zone 9. Come and get them Jay...they are lost and it is your job to find them!